Subject: Re: Lightwave for PC
From: [email-masked] (Brian Dupras)
Date: 16 Nov 1994 08:23:41 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.packages.lightwave

Chris Neil Hurley ([email-masked]) wrote:
> [email-masked] (Joseph Castillo) writes:

> >Hi all, I wasn't on the mailing list so if this question was answered
> >there, I wouldn't know about it.  The question is, when will Lightwave be
> >available for the PC?  Also, what are the requirements, i.e. memory and
> >processor?  Thanks for any info.

> >                                        -Joe

> I'd be interested in knowing if the PC will have a render-only version with
> no interface, and if so, what to expect as far as how to invoke it.

> I'd like to have a PC client for Plantation as soon as the PC version of
> Lightwave is ready.

> --
> ***********************************************************************
> * Chris Hurley             * Guitar, Golf, Billiards, C, Video Games  *
> * [email-masked]  * PC Sales/Service/Support,and Miller Lite.*
> * irc: Mr_Scary            * By The Grace of God, This is My Life.    *

As the "welcome" of this new newsgroup says, the PC version will be out
as early as the end of the year, or as late as the first quarter of next
year.

The PC render engine I'm sure will be packaged into ScreamerNet.  SN is
the product that will allow LW host to distribute frames to clients.
Rumor has it that SN will even work across different platforms (Win,
Win/NT, SGI, and Amiga).  That would be really cool.  :)

I doubt that the archetecture of SN will be public as to allow for other
packages to use the renderer.  But, that would be cool, too.

Brian